Physicians – Continuing Education Programs
The educational programs available through American Health enhance the ability of healthcare professionals to provide optimal patient care by providing the knowledge and skills that would be expected in academic medical centers in the United States. Given its large number of faculty experts, American Health can design education and training programs to meet the specific needs of a hospital and its staff.
American Health classes may incorporate didactic hands-on skills training, allowing practical application of concepts and skills learned. Each class has a unique curriculum created by American professionals who ware leaders in their field.
Typically, one Continuing Education Unit (CEU) equals one hour credit hour.
The following topics are taught by faculty experts who represent some of American Health’s educational partners. Topics include:
• Emergency medicine (3-5 days)
• Psychiatry in medical settings (3-5 days)
• Diabetes update and advances in endocrinology (3-5 days)
• Update in electrocardiography and arrhythmias (3-5 days)
• Advances in heart disease (3-5 days)
• Breast imaging (3-5 days)
• Obesity medicine and nutrition (3-5 days)
• Treating addictions (3-5 days)
• Hematology update (3-5 days)
• Palliative care education and practice (3-5 days)
• Critical care medicine (3-5 days)
• Advances in colorectal surgery (3-5 days)
• Nephrology update (3-5 days)
• Primary care orthopedics (3-5 days)
• Innovations in anesthesiology (3-5 days)
• General thoracic surgery (3-5 days)
• Neurology for the non-neurologist (3-5 days)
• Treatment of major depression and anxiety disorders (3-5 days)
• Case reviews in trauma (3-5 days)
• Ophthalmology: specialized cataract training (3-5 days)
The topics above are standard course topics taught regularly in the United States by American Health’s educational partners. Teaching the Continuing Education EMT and Paramedics courses are faculty experts from the following American Health Affiliated Institutions:
• Harvard Medical School
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
• Mount Sinai Medical School
• George Washington University Medical School
Click here to learn how American Health can deliver Continuing Education Programs for you and your staff.
For more information about American Health’s Continuing Education Programs, download specific programs in PDF format. (coming soon)